Junior Compliance Officers: a sustainable solution to your recurring challengeon 6 February 2023 for Clients
Many of our clients invest heavily in Risk & Compliance. There’s pressure on financial institutions to be compliant with strict laws and regulations, which are constantly evolving. Keeping up is a marathon, not a sprint. It’s hard work and costs a lot of time and energy – resources you don’t always have in-house. While it might be tempting to just ask for support from an external consultant (which we’re happy to do, by the way), we want to make a case for a more sustainable and shared solution.
So how do you manage Risk & Compliance sustainably? By leaving it in the capable hands of young talents under the supervision and guidance of senior experts.
We see a lot of driven young people out there who could learn a lot from a Risk & Compliance project. At the same time, an increasing number of financial institutions are starting to realise that they need a structural, sustainable approach to Risk & Compliance rather than ad hoc quick fixes. After all, as long as there’s money laundering and terrorist financing going on, those KYC-checks required of all institutions under the AML/CFT Act aren’t going anywhere.
Okay, so how can ProjectiveGroup help?
Our strength lies in our numbers: we’re a group of companies who all have their own long-standing expertise in different domains within the financial services industry.
- Exellys has over 9 years of experience with finding, coaching and training young talent. We know how important it is to give young talents a meaningful role in the organisation. You don’t get the best from them by assigning them the grunt work. What you need is to give them an important project and enough responsibility. A good learning trajectory and plenty of coaching and mentoring is crucial in attracting and retaining top talent.
- Our ProjectiveGroup Risk & Compliance and Payments Practices are strengthened by Enigma and Charco and Dique (our latest group partners), leading names in the Netherlands with a lot of knowledge about financial laws and regulations and the latest payments innovations. Under Our ProjectiveGroup umbrella, we combine +95 senior Risk & Compliance experts, all ready and willing to help train young people at our clients/talent partners.
Combining the unique strengths of each of these two entities is the secret to a successful, sustainable solution for clients when it comes to Risk & Compliance. Simultaneously, it provides a cool and exciting learning opportunity for young talents, who can actually stay with your organisation for years to come and help build a sustainable Risk & Compliance strategy for your organisation.
4 reasons to rely on our support
- When it comes to recruitment, finding the right match is crucial. We are skilled at finding young talent that fits an organisation’s objectives and culture.
- We know recruiting young people is not easy. There is a limited supply of young talent who often have multiple options to choose from. Attracting, mentoring and retaining young talent is therefore a lot of work. Exellys can assist and unburden your recruitment department.
- Our ProjectiveGroup Risk and Compliance Practice is based on expertise in legislation and regulations. There are currently 95 senior experts who know the world of R&C very well and who are ready and willing to pass on their knowledge to the next generation of compliance officers.
- In every organisation it’s important to have a good mix of junior, medior and senior profiles. Because like it or not, those seniors eventually retire. Being pressed for time is often the reason why companies don’t get around to onboarding enough young people – and why they’re tempted to rely on seniors for their Risk & Compliance needs. We’re ready to take that task off your hands and we’re committed to the sustainable growth of your in-house Risk & Compliance team.
Getting to know each other
We believe in the value of deep-diving into a company’s specifics, rather than having a one-size-fits-all generic offering. That’s why we always start with a 2-hour workshop to dot the i’s and cross the t’s for a smooth collaboration.
- During this workshop, we want to get a clear understanding of your ambitions and targets for 2026 on the topic of Risk & Compliance.
- Together, we pinpoint what exactly we can leave up to young talents. We want them to help build your Risk & Compliance strategy from the ground up. After all, they’re the ones who will be managing this in the future – and it’s always nicer to manage something you helped build.
- We discuss minimum requirements for young recruits so we can do a targeted search. We don’t want to waste your time any more than our own.
- No matter how much we can unburden your internal recruitment department, getting young people on board will always require time and effort from the company as well. That’s why we like to discuss what’s manageable for you, so we can all put our best foot forward and ensure a successful collab.
Exellys is a Tech Talent Incubator. We bring tech talent into the daily operations of the organisation of our customers and grow them for the innovations of tomorrow.
From the 1.500 tech talents we speak to annually, we select the top 7%. We intensively train and coach them on the right skills and competences. Our (scientifically based) training programs (Start Smart, Grow Smart & Lead Smart) accelerate the growth of our talents, and therefore also the growth of our customers.
We “unburden” our clients when looking for and retaining tech talent. We are committed to getting the best out of talent, while our customers can continue to focus on their core business.
We do this for organisations who want to strengthen their team permanently, as well as those who are looking for a flexible, project-driven solution. Get in touch with us today and find out how we can help.
Tags: career , compliance , risk , risk & compliance , talent attraction , talent development , talent retention